On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Author v. Writer -- Author of the Year!

A few years back (I think I only had 2 books out), I was asked at a writer's meeting where I was a guest speaker, why I called myself a writer instead of an author. My brain froze. It had never occurred to me to call myself anything other than a writer. Yeah, so I was published. I guess that made me an author (and I use that now if I have to fill out profession forms and want to be taken seriously). But, truly, a writer writes, so I'm a writer. Anyone who writes seriously is a writer, we're all in the same boat (THERE IS NO SECRET "PUBLISHED" HANDSHAKE).

However, I am Very, Very Pleased to announce that my local chapter of Romance Writers of America, Colorado Romance Writers, has voted me the Author of the Year! I'm so honored and thrilled. This came right out of the blue for me...so I got to go to the luncheon today and blush some, and got a fabulous plaque....

May you feel real enthusiasm for your writing today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

congrats!

7:19 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, sex. It's very cool.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

YAY ROBIN! Congratulations--it was well-deserved.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

Yay! Congrats, Robin. You go, girl!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]