On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Distractions

Ask any professional writer and they will say that you can't afford distractions, and that's true. And I believe it, but I've been letting financial distractions eat at me for a week now, and being self indulgent about it, and letting the damn things gnaw and gnaw.

So I need to get over it. And I will. Today.

I don't think I've been a full time writer long enough to learn true coping mechanisms for working through some distractions, so I guess I'll forgive myself and think about how to handle this sort of thing in the future.

Right now, the best I can do (and it helps), is subliminal tapes while I'm writing "Think Positive" and that sort of thing.

So, again, learn to work through this distractions. And do what I say, not what I do.

May your focus be prime today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]