On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Prologues 2 -- Second Book Fears

I've done one prologue in my life. I loved it. It is in a work (contemporary romantic suspense) that I never finished called Willful Deceit. The general theme of the book was Wrongful Conviction, and, yes, a will was forged. I had a BIG editor interested in this book at one time (it was my second) and now that I look back, I probably shouldn't have given it up for Regency Historicals. However, the book itself was flawed. It was my second book.

Coming to the end of my first book (which was very difficult to FINISH), I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it again. Think of an idea that excited me enough to write a complete book. Then this wrongful convicition, forged will story hit and I was so enthusiastic in telling a friend about it at lunch that I kept dropping my food off my fork from trembling hands.

Wow.

And though Willful Deceit didn't make it all the way to the end, it did banish the fears forever that I wouldn't come up with another idea when the first book was done.

May your ideas be plentiful today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]