On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Distractions 2 - Research

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting PHOTO COURTESY OF THE BARDSLEY ISLAND TRUST.

Slow going today, every time I got in a groove, I stopped for distractions so that my work didn't show an incredible amoung of *s – that I put down when I need to figure out something.

Seven pages this morning, WITH the following...

decide on hero's mother's given name.
decide what sort of alcohol the hero might give to a Fam
decide on hero's favorite desert
decide heroine's Fam's favorite ice cream
look up the word I used in HeartMate for ice cream
look up the word I used for vanilla
find the given name of T'Apple
figure out a good name for T'Apple's art gallery
(just put down Delicious, then later worked on this and got distracted by Apple Pie recipies, then the rarest apple in the world, the Bardsley. Explored the Bardsley Island - Ynys Enlli in Welsh - website. The rarest apple in the world is FROM AN ISLAND OFF WALES. My family comes from an island off Wales, how could I go wrong!)

Now to finishing transcribing the copy edit changes to my computer file of Heart Quest, then working on the proposal for the next 3 Luna books. Get mailing stuff ready to go, then MAYBE I'll be able to work on my urban fantasy.

May your day be free of distractions and the ease of your writing as sweet as an apple...
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Jordan said...

T'Apple's given name would be Quert/Queirt wouldn't it? Okay, now I'm totally embarrassed by my geekdom.

7:36 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, it is...and it's the name of a day of the week, too...corresponding to our Thursday.

Robin

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]