On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Life and an Addicted Reader

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis is late because I was at my Mom's yesterday afternoon/night and this morning. She had cataract surgery. She reacts terribly to anaesthesia, so is usually sick after surgery and it was so last night. I walked my brother's dog (which she usually does), brought over homemade chicken soup (yeah, ME, I used to do a lot of cooking before I started writing, now I live out of boxes, mostly, though I recently bought a crockpot and am giving it a try for summer), and just provided company. She is also pretty deaf, so we conducted our conversations in shouts...

I brought over a book on tape I own, Nora Roberts' Northern Lights (which I think is a Killer book, got serious skill envy when listening to the first chapter), so she could listen to it, but when I went to check on her before I went to bed in the basement, she was READING. With one cloth/metal patch over her eye.

I think we all have various addictions. My family seems addicted to books. I left the tapes, and hope she'll do them today.

That's all, may your writing schedule be smooth and the words flow equally smoothly.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, There is nothing like reading...

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha -- addicted to books. You haven't seen our house. We converted the smallest bedroom into a library when we moved in, put bookshelves in the living room, basement, and bedrooms, and we STILL don't have enough shelf space.

I need a little more courage to do some weeding out!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]