On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Lost idea? Just Do It! Trust yourself.

I had an idea for my next scene. It escaped. Now, in the olden days before I was published, I might have frowned and journaled, trying to find it again. Since I've thought of the scene off and on for a couple of days and the idea still remains elusive, I'm sitting down and will let the scene play out as it should. It's a very important scene between Dufleur and her mother, defining the relationship, I think – but I've decided that the best thing that can happen now – without inspiration – is Just Write It and see what twists and turns they might have in the mother-daughter bond.

And I trust myself. I truly believe that once I start writing, the characters will lead the way, develop along different, surprising, and fascinating ways that I haven't thought of yet.

May your writing take a wonderful twist today.
Robin

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Good advice for the ADD afflicted.
That's me so it helps to know it's not just the inner me goofing up.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]