On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 02, 2006

New Projects -- First Chapters

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingYes, I've started a new project, Heart Match, which I just sold on a proposal. Coming after ruthlessly cutting a ms. from 640 pages to 590, (approx 10,000 words by my computer) just being able to write in a meandering way is blissfull! If I use too many words -- that's what revisions are for.

When in revision mode, especially for rough drafts, I don't have a daily wordcount, usually a daily amount of pages that need to be reworked or transcribed from hand-written corrections to the computer. Now I'm back to word count.

And in new projects, a lot of scenes in the first chapters may be cut much later. Sometimes I have to write a lot of "inner dialogue" to make sure I'm grounded in the world, just learn about my hero and heroine, work on worldbuilding, set up or plot.

May your chapters flow easily today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]