On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Under Contract

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, like a house. This year I ran out of contracts. Sort of. My two book contract (Heart Choice, Heart Quest) ended last year when I turned in Heart Quest. I worked on another proposal for the option book(s), submitted them, and the contractual option period began to run. If Berkley hadn't wanted the additional books, I wouldn't be under contract, which is most desirable.

At the same time (in a wonderful feat of timing by yours truly, remind me not to do that again) I submitted the last book of the Luna contract, this year. Which means I HAD to sell this year to continue to write. The contracts were not staggered, like one running out this year and one next.

Nope, looked like I might be jumping off a cliff. But I sold the Heart books before I actually had to worry, and Luna is pressing me for the option book proposals, and while I'm getting the chapters done, my plotting skills s*ck. Even with an overarching story, if I had to do it now, I'd mumble something about the heroine, the special gift being Healing, and, maybe, plague, but a definite disease and it's because....YOU, the reader, I am not telling. Aside: when you submit to an editor you TELL ALL. So, I'm hoping to whip all this into shape in the next few weeks.

And I told my agency I'm available for work again.

May you always feel wanted.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger moonhart said...

Hey! Whaddaya mean you're not telling us????

Unfair! Unfair!

So, with the Lunas...which stories are next up???

you can tell us that much, right????

moon (waiting for a certain Chevalier to be written about)

7:14 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ok, there will be disease in the city. A nasty cough, debilitation and death, I'm thinking. A year later, another rainy spring...

#2 will be your Chevalier, Faucon, acting on behalf of the Seamasters. I think he appeared in at least two scenes in Protector and had a few lines. More in the next book.

#3 will be Luthan and the Singer (we see the Singer's Abbey in Protector of the Flight).

That's it for now...back to working on #1 since I got my Heart Match words done.

8:18 AM  
Blogger moonhart said...

Sounds GREAT! I know many ladies are awaiting Luthan's story. I know he must have very interesting backstory.

And Faucon, well...he makes my moonish heart go pitter-pat.

;)

moon

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]