On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 30, 2006

Writing Blessing

Today I received a wonderful writing blessing. I woke up before my alarm, thought about Heart Match and what I should write next (since I’m pretty much at the point where I need to cobble the first of the book together and hit a big Turning Point, and DID work on chapters 1-3 last night). Thought some more about the 3 book proposal due Luna ASAP (plotting stuff for books 4-6). Then got up, fed the cats, opened the house and put the fan on, and sat down to write.

I’d decided to write about Dufleur’s reaction to the Heart Gift, something that’s reccuring through Heart Match and which I set up in the book coming out in September, Heart Quest…so I wrote three one-sentence paragraphs, and an Idea hit.

The scene did not trickle, it didn’t exactly POUR (which is rare for me), but was definitely a steady stream.

For me, lately, that’s a blessing. I’m used to trickles.

And it seems that one of the themes/subplots of this book will be about the living entities, Residences (houses), their death and birth. Huh. Fancy that.

You probably all have realized that I do a blessing at the end of the blog every day.
So may your writing flow as quickly or better than mine today…and may mine flow equally well tonight.

Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a wonderful few minutes reading the postings at amazon.com I wonder if there is something like that at amazon.ca?
I admit that while I wait for the next Celta installment I have read 1-to-4 and got new fun from them. Hope your inspiration keeps going!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second installment: Checked amazon.ca and found that your books are divided between Robin D Owens and Robin Owens and no postings from you or your reviewer/readers. Hope they will correct this, not conducting to find all your books.

8:46 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Fan, love your name! LOL. Thanks for the note. Urgh on the Robin D. Owens/Robin Owens thing on ca, maybe I can figure out how to take care of that.

Heart Quest excerpt is up on my READS page, and if you didn't read the free online serial, it is all up, too, and you can find the link under Song of Marwey at my website.

For your reading pleasure.
Robin

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]