On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Do You Know This Church?

Thanks to all my readers, I found this quickly! It's the basilica of Saint Sernin in Toulouse, France at Webshots by skaitey. In my ignorance I thought the wall of the church was part of the church environs, when it is a model of Toulouse...but I think it still does well for the Singer's Abbey and the Tower at the right for her residence.

THANKS ALL!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the original image I had for the main building (the actual abbey) of Singer's Abbey. It's a model because that's what I was looking for in Sorceress of Faith -- Tuck's house.

I'm sure I pulled it off webshots (looks like the date is September 2005), but it's no longer there. So not only don't I know what church this is, I can't give credit for the photo.

The Singer's Offices, Audience Room, as well as another chapel is King's College Chapel in Cambridge, England (that's "seen" in Protector of the Flight). I have a jumble of buildings as the actual abbey.

Anyway, any help will be gratefully gushed over.

May you have your research at your fingertips.
Robin

5 Comments:

Blogger Maura Anderson said...

That is a model of St. Sernin that hangs behind the apse in the Basilica of St. Sernin - in Toulouse, France.

I think the photo you showed also appears on this page (pardon the link) http://www.leafpile.com/TravelLog/France/Toulouse/ModelChurch.jpg

12:50 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

YOU ARE FABULOUS!!! Thanks so much! Jumping up and down.

Robin

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with the info from MA above, I found the album, at webshots where it seems you got the picture in 2005: Webshots, search: Saint Sernin, Toulouse, France, and when you get the results look at the very bottom of the page second row up, second picture from left: album from member skaitey, Toulouse, France 2005 and in the third page is your photo. When you put the mouse over the two last rows of page you get the name and date of album.
Had a wonderful time exploring Toulouse on line and thank you both for the idea to do so. THANKS!! Will get today Heart Dance, finally

11:39 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANKS, reader! I've found it again, and now have the information that if I ever need to look at it online I know where to go.

I've put skaitey up as the photographer.

Robin

6:57 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, and Toulouse does look interesting doesn't it!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]