On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Cat

Speaking of cats, the last of my original bunch had problems yesterday. I think she jumped from the credenza to my chair (she's fat, Samba from Heart Thief), and I've been careful to put the chair close to the credenza, but maybe I forgot. She didn't want dinner, she wouldn't come downstairs, she limped.

She's much better this morning, but still downstairs. I'll take her in to see Dr. Leach and Marilyn today. She hates them. As a formerly diabetic cat, she's had to go in daily for a while and get her blood tested. Last time I took her in (soon after Diva died), I wanted to grocery shop and left her alone in her crate at the vet's instead of putting her in the car and that was a mistake. She thought she was being left or punished or something and didn't speak to me for days.

The cat in Heart Fate is, as I said, going to be Ilexa. I've decided she's going to be elegant and deadly. This is an off-shoot from my mentor's idea of a "hit-cat, lemme go rip they're faces off, boos." But Mentor didn't know Ilexa was a she so I have to save the hit cat for later. Maybe introduce him as a rambunctious kitten of Ilexa's and Zanth's that annoys Ilexa. Don't know who he might end up with now, but I really like the idea.

I would never have thought of a "hit cat" which is why you need others to bounce your ideas off of. I think my mentor has been watching reruns of the Sopranos again. (She loved that show and considered removing the channel when it was done, and she LOVED the ending).

That's all for today, and I'm feeling better now. I was a little depressed for some reason. I probably need to pack up the laptop and get out to a library or Common Grounds -- I still haven't figured out why I can't connect to a secure network so Common Ground's excellent WiFi will be lost on me, all to the good.

May you get all the inspiration you need today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin,

I've enjoyed Heart Dance very much. It is now my second favourite book in this series with Heart Duel being my favourite.

Other than Heart Fate, will be there any more Heart Books? If so, what characters will they be focussing on?

Thanks.

Jennifer

7:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Jennifer,

I've only sold through Heart Fate. I had a conversation with my editor and I discussed more heart books and she seems amenable. The next one I have an idea for is Cratag Maytree and D'Marigold who were minor in Heart Duel.

After that, all I know is that it will be an olderwoman-younger man story. I see her as an explorer, returning to the city to pick up her HeartMate...

Robin

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]