On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Daily Author Stuff

Last night I went to a signing by Emma Bull and Will Shatterly (not local, just coming through), tonight is critique. I don't think I'm supposed to read, since I don't have it on any of my calendars, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Emma's book, Territory and will be waiting for the sequel. It's always interesting to listen to writers talk about writing, especially if they have a different take on it than you. Emma, like Connie Willis, thinks about an idea, researches, and lets the thing gather until it reaches critical mass and then she writes. Her story was tight and her prose lovely. I envied it quite a lot. It was a book she took ten years to write and I envied doing that, too, or at least a year.

I think that's all I have to say today.

May you be pleased with who you are and what you are doing.
robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]