On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fumbling

I'm back to fumbling, being slow. So the question is why? It's hot down here, that's one. The house and regular type author duties is another reason. Being connected to the net..the hotel did have free internet but I didn't get my dell to work. I think it needed a password and the "password" page didn't come up (though, of course I tried and I looked around the help screen on my computer, just as well).

The house DOES overwhelm me. I'm not sure why I needed so much space when I bought it, but there it is. (Just deleted a whine, thank me).

I SHOULD journal.

But instead I think I'll go downstairs and write. I do like this story.

May your determination triumph today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Maybe this will help you feel better.
I just bought and finished Heart Dance and once again, you have a happy reader visiting.

I am impressed with your idea of manipulating time to kill a virus. What inspired that?
What a unique idea!

Hope you don't mind, but I'm putting together a review for the site I'm reviewing for now.
It's a new development for me, the reviewing gig, but if I can't share my Joy of a Good Book, than it's no fun.
Good thing it's fun! LOL

I'll try to get it written this week, but the owners of the site determine postings.
Still, I'm very pleased with Heart Dance, it was worth the Trade price. That's something I don't do very often.
Thanks, Robin, for another wonderful visit on Celta!
HUGS

5:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

WHEW, as you all know, I've been worried about Heart Dance. The hero is more beta (which is fine with me), the heroine is damaged...

Don't know, but it was one of those books I was unsure of, though I really liked the time element and hoped that worked. It made my head ache to think of it.

Anyway, thanks for the nice words and the review.

Re: using time to kill a virus, I think I picked up a notion way back when in a sf/f time travel story/book, not exactly time, but it was using a tube to stop aging, and that went to time... Like most writers I pinch a little of this and that and twist it...

smooches, robin

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]