On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Gafiate, Gaf-i-ate, Gaf-FEE-ate

That's sf/f fanspeak for Get Away From It All. One can "cocoon" at home, or even gafiate at home, but one can also gafiate away from home.

I'm going a short ways from home into a small mountain town to do some research. I've just paid. It doesn't look as if the hotel has wi-fi or internet. Don't know if anything else does either.

That means I probably won't post here THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. I'll be back Saturday afternoon. Yes, I know, withdrawal for all of us.

Just me and the computer and hard copy and books. There's a spa in the town so I may wander over for a scrub or a wrap. I don't know why but I love wraps. Or a mud bath. Gonna check that out today or tomorrow. One of my heroines will be coming in from the wild and will definitely want a spa experience.

A little shaky. The money isn't big, and being away two and a half days shouldn't harm the cats, but still...

May you relax today...and tomorrow and tomorrow....
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for a refreshing laugh:
Fat cats:your pictures at
news.bbc.co.uk
Hope you are having a wonderful time and tell us about it when you are back.

3:27 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

WONDERFUL!!

Robin

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]