On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, August 24, 2007

Over - Reaction

Well, like any writer, my imagination ran away with me (see below), but day-am it was really, really close wherever it was. I don't see any holes in the roof. The funny thing on the roof was a little pipe.

Thinking about it, of course if there'd been a short or whatever, the power would be interrupted and go out, not stay on. So probably just a power surge in the office outlet that made the smell and maybe blew the lamp. Who knows? I'll drag out the big ladder soon (if I recall where I put it), and look into the attic, or buy a big ladder.

Nerves are still shaky since I got about 2 hours of sleep, and woke up cold again, 'cause I only slept with sheets and a throw downstairs.

So I guess I'll cancel my insurance claim(!), but leave the call in to the electrician. My outside breaker box has broken a hinge and doesn't look weatherproof. Looks like I might have lost some moulding/trim around the house. That has to go back on, and I was hoping to put a new roof off for a while.

Anyway, I am fine, the cats are fine, the house is so-so.

May the wheel of fortune stay steady for you today.
Robin

Previous post 1:42 am.

Pretty damn sure. Nasty smell of fried circuits. Went outside. Roof not on fire. Oddly office is next to bedroom and except for a lamp seems ok. Maybe that outlet gone. Might test.

Shaking too hard to type. Chandlelier fan in bedroom works on remote. Came on all lights, won't go off, nor will the fan. Think thats where we were hit. Had just gone to bed. Something on roof looks funny. Attic looks ok (can't get up there, but still).

Shaking. What a bang! What a flash! The more I think about it, the more scared I get. Lights out at end of block.
Not the highest building in block, should not have been me.

Will keep you informed.

Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Spinneretta said...

I do hope you, and everything there is OK. Sounds very frightening!

6:55 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, it was scary, but now I feel things are under control.

Robin

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]