On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tools

I spent most of yesterday loading Wordperfect 6x-3. It loaded fine, but then there was the customizing of the toolbars, the tutorial (basic, but still some stuff I didn't know), a look at the other office features -- the calendar maker etc.

Anyway here is my toolbar:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

New Document, Open, Compare Documents, Page Set Up, Add Subdocument to Master Document, Expand Master, Condense (and save subdocuments) Master, Draft Mode, Page Mode, Insert File (any sort of file, graphic/text etc), Cut, Paste, Copy, Find & Replace, Redo, Undo, Spellcheck, Thesaurus, Bold Italic, Underline (couldn't replace with my icon), Center, Paragraph, Doublespace, Save AS, Save Document and Save to A drive, Save Document and Save to Flash Drive (F:, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, one hit of a button and saved in both spots), Mail the Document (which is another save for me, to my gmail place where I keep my files), Save, Print Menu, Font, Font Size, Wordcount.

The new program has an automatic wordcount on the application bar (which is below), but I am usually working in other documents, not brand new documents so I'd have to add or subtract my wordcount whatever, besides I'm distracted enough with wordcount as it is.

So that's that. It took me hours to mess with the buttons because I'd do 1 or 3 or 4 and forget to save the toolbar and had to redo it again.

Time for bed, but it's dark and quiet and cool and I'm rethinking working in the day...I've always liked the night.

May you find the tools that fit your hand today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]