On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, August 16, 2007

What happened to the cat?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm about 150 pages into Heart Fate and there is no cat. There is a grumpy dog and maybe 3 lines of telepathic dialogue between heroine and dog.

I have a very lowering feeling that I'd better go back and put in a cat. I don't think my readers can go, say, 100 pages without a Fam. I've got wonderful hooks that I don't want a cat messing up, so I'll look and see where I can insert a few paragraphs. Cat will be Ilexa (mentioned in HeartMate) a Holly hunting cat (they raise hunting cats -- HeartMate and Heart Duel). I believe Ilexa will be friend and mentor at this portion of the book. Undemanding because Tinne is very tortured. Later she can be snotty or a trickster. Just occurred to me that any scene with grumpy, abused dog and trickster cat may be interesting.

But the next upcoming scene can be between Tinne and Ilexa a few pages at least, or more than a paragraph or two, and she will get an assignment.

That's all for now. May you be aware of your readers' expectations today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger talia pente said...

Oh yes, Tinne is tortured and we have waited so long for his HEA. So, a low key Ilexa would be fine. When Tinne starts to heal, then the tricks can begin.

Can't wait,

talia

7:36 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Well, I DID manage to get Ilexa into the book, but not until about page 50 I think. She's been gone since the place has been cursed.

The events just keep piling up. Like I said, I think I had Tinne have about 6-7 disasters in one day.

robin

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]