On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Writing and Adversity

I went looking at lamps yesterday and saw nothing that looked like my old one, so now I know I have to find something new.

AND I gave myself permission to skip writing yesterday, but when I sat down to eat dinner a scene came into my head, and when that happens I write. So I did. I think it was the first humerous scene I've written in many days and perhaps in the book. The book is sad at the beginning, and when it isn't sad, it's intense. So I'll be trusting my readers here.

Of course my mentor, when reading the final draft will probably let me know whether I go on too long with the intensity.

Anyway I got 934 words written, which is, of course far below word count, but considering the conditions, I'm very pleased.

I got about 10 hours of sleep and am feeling good. Today is critique group day and it looks as if I may be the only one bringing pages, so I'm contemplating printing out 2 chapters. One is already printed out.

Now a bit of breakfast and a hurried bath so I can leave on time.

Oh, and the slightest slice of sunshine hit my office window yesterday and stayed for about an hour, so I know the seasons, they are changing.

May your day be full of sunshine.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]