On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Catie Murphy made me -- Nerd Test


NerdTests.com says I'm a Slightly Dorky High Nerd.  What are you?  Click here!


Ok, I actually can get a globe of the ancient world in 15 seconds (I use it as a BOOKEND, folks!) I can also get a slide rule, and a slide rule for measuring concrete, and, HEY, though they didn't ask, an abacus. Doesn't mean I can use any of the above, but I have them in my office.

And, yeah, I've been reading about a real historical event. I am currently fascinated with my new favorite movie, Apollo 13. Just got "Lost Moon" by James Lovell et al. and read it yesterday. Very dry.

Going back to re-read A Night to Remember soon.

Sigh.

Guess I am a Dorky Nerd.
Robin

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you are after some non fiction on the moon with history, try Dark side of the moon. History of the space race from USSR and USA perspective. It is a good read. jem

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rereading all the heart books (for the fourth time or so...) Please tell me your going to find someone to love the turquoise Residence? Almost thought Trif and Ilix and Greycu would be the ones when I first read Heart Quest. Love all your books. God Bless, Catheryne.

2:10 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Jem, thanks for the recommendation of Dark Side of the Moon, a friend also recommended the tv series, From the Earth to the Moon.

Catheryne, I've been looking around for people to stay in the Turquoise House-Becoming-Residence, and it's appeared once more in Heart Fate. But it seems that every time I think I have the right Family, something happens, like Trif and Ilex moving into the Clover Compound.

Right now I have an idea of who, in the younger generation if I get that far, will live there.

Thank you.
Robin

7:14 AM  
Blogger Catie said...

I have led you into temptation! :)

-Catie

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]