On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, September 01, 2007

September 1

I'm up and hobbling around. I went to the local Metaphysical Fair (where I've been buying jewelry from my jeweler who doesn't have a shop for years), and got a chair massage and he really worked me over. So the muscles haven't quite warmed up and I'm hobbling around.

But the first pass at the copy edits are done. I still have my mentor's comments. I handled most of her big problems before I submitted the ms., but by the time I was done with my own cutting I just wanted the sucker out of the door, so I didn't look at her line edits. Then. Now, of course, I need to.

My editor was very cognizant of my chapter hooks and so I've been moving them around, trying to make them better. The thing is, I formatted the ms. in the format my editor likes and I can't really judge the page length of the chapters myself this way.

I am hoping to be all done with this by the time Tuesday rolls around and I can get back to Heart Fate.

May you enjoy the holiday.
Robin

3 Comments:

Blogger Catie said...

The thing is, I formatted the ms. in the format my editor likes and I can't really judge the page length of the chapters myself this way.

Bah, I just let her format it herself. :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yeah, but the way she did it means it is 429 pages I'm working with (double sided) and not 638 single sided...and will have to send back. Think I'm NOT sending back, like 12 pages.

Robin

10:16 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Oh, and I also use wordperfect, so formatting it myself shows how funky Word made it.

Robin

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]