On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Worlds and Worlds

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketWell, I'm up late again and I'm here. I thought I'd talk a little about Worlds. I've been visiting several different authors' (and game designers) worlds lately, enjoying them all.

I guess I'd like to say that TO enjoy a world, the reader must buy into it, and again it will be subjective. If a world is too harsh or doesn't make sense or overloads with information or presumes knowledge (thinking of reviews of the later Celta books), then the reader won't feel comfortable. AND IT IS ALL SUBJECTIVE. There are worlds I don't enjoy that others do (some vampire books, for instance).

And the other epiphany. I can completely enjoy someone else's world while knowing I couldn't possibly write in it, (like the shared universe books or TV spin off series -- though I'm tentatively thinking about games...) and that makes me feel good.

That's all for tonight/today. May you enjoy whatever worlds you find yourself in today.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]