On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Series

I'm going to have to read the Heart series. I've got notes, but I want even more notes and the rhythm/feel of some things.

I'm thinking of my current hero, Tinne Holly. The worst moment of his life occurred off stage in Heart Thief. It was initiated by the starship, Nuada's Sword. I think earlier in Heart Dance I wrote that neither Tinne nor his brother went to Nuada's Sword because of that...and that particular phrase contradicts something I said in Heart Duel, when Tinne spent a lot of time at the Ship watching his new kidney grow, an off-hand phrase at the time to amuse readers that has now come back to haunt me.

Also, I'm a little foggy on the dreamquests/fever fugues that are Passage, and the last time I've written them were in HeartMate, so back to the beginning to make sure I have things right and try to keep them as consistent as possible.

May you know where you came from and where you're going today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger talia pente said...

I don't think that's a difficulty but I wonder if you (as author) have a hard time revisiting older stories. Because you grow as an author, is it difficult to look back?

Wondering,

Talia

2:46 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, sometimes I wince, and I would do some things over again, particularly the first chapter of Heartmate...but, as I said before, there's a scene in HeartMate that I was surprised came out of me at the time.

Oh, and I'm no less susceptible to Zanth than anyone else...
Robin

7:19 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:19 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]