On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 03, 2007

Tools

I started a blog at 7:22 am, but my computer (desktop) had problems. CPU usage 100% (currently running 2-20%). I ran a registry cleaner, tried everything, finally, ha ha, used the backup I made 10 days ago. Though it took me a while to recall how to do that. It was a little off yesterday, but absolutely fine the day before. For some reason, my "Restore to Checkpoint" has never worked, or I might have additional software for restoring installed that thinks I should be restoring from it?

So, I've had problems with my computers lately, and I've been lucky. One complete morning gone, of course, with groping around in the dark to fix.

Anyway, I have to take off soon to take my laptop back to geek squad. They missed a couple of tabs when they snapped it together. Not too pleased. Probably won't go back, next time will ask my computer literate friends who to take it to. Think I said they were going to load security ware on my computer and charge me $100. My current program is $40.

Gotta go.

May you find solutions to all your problems today.
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally off topic, but VERY excited. Was just at Barnes and Nobles website and says "Flame" will be available Jan 1. CAN'T WAIT!!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

THANK YOU! I'm excited, too!

Robin

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lady Niko said...

*shudder* Geek Squad. 90% of the kids working there know nothing except for gaming software and the not much more than the basics of setting up a router in a home system. Anything more advanced - nope. This is why I have a friend, whom I call the Evil Computer Guru, to keep my computers in line when I don't know how to fix hardware or software issues. :) (He's the guy they call in to clean up the mess left behind by Geek Squad & its competitor, Fire Dog.)

Me, I'm a computer/sci-fi/book geek, but now I'm a massage therapist, so I don't have to stress out about computers being a pain in the backside as much. :p

Looking forward to the next books - I need to go round up clients and start making $$ so I can afford new books. :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]