On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 09, 2009

And A New Hero Walks Onstage

So, I started Laev Hawthorn's book, and in the first paragraphs of the book, a conversation with someone new, Garrett Primeross is interesting enough to hook me.

By a couple of hours later I have his name, the name of his Family firm, his status/class, more of his characteristics, the kind of heroine he should have who would make him crazy and a couple of big things that would happen in his book -- if it ever gets written.

Currently the heroes I have of books that have sold are:
Cratag Maytree (Heart Change, written but not published)
Cerasus (Raz) Cherry (current title Heart Journey, proposal)
Laev Hawthorn (one page of a brand new book) 15 YEARS LATER

Waiting in the wings:
Vinni T'Vine
Antenn Moss
Stableboy (for one of the girls in Heart Change and a plotline I will introduce in Heart Journey)

Now Garrett. Where he might fall in those (if I sell them), I don't know, but he's older than the others....

It's fun, it's interesting, and I really hope to keep the stories fresh. Anyway, it's cool to think about.

May you smile at yourself today.
Robin

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that you'll have a problem continuing to sell the heart books. Christine Feehan is 19 books into her Dark series and Sherrilyn Kenyon has 22 invested in her Dark Hunters. I actually like your Heart books better, even though I read the others. They aren't as dismal.

5:12 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thank you, Valerie. Yes, I don't do a loooong tortured hero thing. I consider myself light with dark moments... Ideas do keep coming and I'm not tired yet, so that's good.

Robin

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]