On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The End

Photobucket
WHEW. Heart Change is done!! The rough of the 13th book is finISHED.

Shivers. Tiredness.

Big smile.

It is long, but not as long as I expected. It stands at 38 chapters and 532 pages. I hope to get it down to 500 (a standard ream of paper).

Tightening should be fine, cutting a paragraph here and there, etc. I'm sure some chapters have widows and orphans (a few words or one line on the last page).

It's all put together and in one big file now, too. Easier to do global searches and replace that way. The new "working" file has been made and that's where I'll work from. Everything else is saved.

I had a huge chunk of chapters 28-38 just in scenes...ok, I'm rambling.

I'm a little worried that I've fallen into a couple of patterns with the books, so I'll think on it...and some chapters are plot heavy and romance light.

STILL rambling, so I'll shut up.

May you enjoy whatever you finish today.
Robin

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Silver Phoenix said...

Yay! Now I've only got, what, a year to wait until it's in my hot little hands?

Actually, cold little hands. It's freezing at the moment. But I'm happy, anyway. :-)

9:47 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It will be out in November, if all goes well, and maybe even earlier if things go fabulously.

Robin

11:30 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I still think you should let us pre read! ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, not quite ready for prime time...

Robin

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]