On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Series Titles, Heart Books

Photobucket

All right, I've started on Laev Hawthorn's book (he was seen in Heart Duel and Heart Fate, mentioned in Heart Dance, I think)...and yes, I only expect ME to recall which book is which and am really stuck with this theme...

Heart Duel -- Holm Holly (fighter) and Lark Hawthorn (Healer)
Heart Fate -- Tinne Holly (fighter) and Lahsin Yew (Shield-maker)
Heart Dance -- Saille Willow (matchmaker) and Dufleur Thyme (Time experimenter)

Anyway, I needed a title for the book file and came up with Heart Light...then decided that would be better for Vinni and Avellana's book (if I ever sell more), since Avellana is a holographic artist (bending light).

So I changed Laev's book, the third book I sold in this last go 'round, to Heart Hope. It doesn't have much of a ring, but let's just say Laev needs hope (you will see why -- a train wreck waiting to happen -- in Heart Change), so Heart Hope is better than nothing.

I didn't want to name the file, Laev's Story, though all my Exotic Summoning files are by name (mainly because they were supposed to be alphabetical AND Luna kept changing titles on me).

So, upcoming books with CURRENT TITLES:
Heart Change (THIS IS SET!)
Heart Journey (working title)
Heart Hope (working title)

May you have clarity in your life today. ;)
Robin

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I certainly hope you'll sell more Heart books. I can't wait for Vinni's story. I've loved your books since heart mate came out (with the old cover). Can you just renew your next 3book contract now? - since you've almost finished the current set of 3.

6:35 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL, the 3 book is the new one and I just finished book 1 of it, Heart Change. Upcoming is Heart Journey, with Raz Cherry (seen in Heart Fate), and a new, older, heroine. I've decided that book 3 will skip 15 years and be Laev Hawthorn's book.

THANKS!
Robin

7:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle Rudeau said...

Oooo, it's interesting to finally hear what Avellana's Flair is! And I like the titles. Now I can't wait to read what kind of train wreck Laev is looking like. (anticipation) I can't wait until the next book is out! Thanks!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

So are they slated for a one a year release, or can you do more now that the Luna series is complete?

Any word on that new fantasy series you were working up? Has it been sold yet?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so which book is 'heart sword'? just wondering... since i saw it on the screen shot and didn't see any mention of it in your blog...

10:56 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Tannun, they are slated for a 1 year release I think because I wanted time to insert other books into the schedule.

As for the new series. No, not close to being sold because I am not close to being done with the proposals. I plan on doing those March - May (at the latest).

Kate, Heart & Sword is a novella I started and pitched but was not accepted. I should talk more about this because it was actually a little part of Heart Thief.

Heart & Sword is the story of the mutiny on the starships and the discovery of Celta. -- I've also made it a "play" (theater) in the books...(mentioned in Heart Journey opening).

Robin

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]