On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, February 16, 2009

Update on Heart Change

I've finished reading and marking up Heart Change. I like it, and don't think there are any excess scenes in it, so it might very well come in 500+ (currently 519). As soon as I transcribe all the edits, I'll send it out to my beta readers.

Very tired today as I did most of it today, having commitments on Sat and Sun.

Take care, and may you feel satisfied.
Robin

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Ms. Owens,

I love your Heart Books. They are a perfect mix of plot, romance, sex, and believable characters. I like the fact that the characters stay true to their personalities, you rarely need to use deus ex machina, and the world is so developed. Anyhow, I do have a few comments. I love Tab Holly and would love to see his background come out. He seems very mysterous but has a kind heart. I would like to see him get a happy ending. I agree that at least one of the Ash's children would be an animal healer and maybe take the Mallow name? I am very exicted for the next books. Cratag seemed so loney so he really needs someone. Also, this is a just a thought. Would Ruis Elder ever try to find other nulls? He could use some help with the ship and he could foster child nulls so they have a place and a profession. Also, if he hates the elder name he could change it to something to do with ship. Sorry this is long!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

How do I become a beta reader!

I know, shuddup Tannun! ;)

8:05 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Anon, thanks!

Here's a reply to your comments.

I can make one of T'Ash's children an animal healer, the idea is growing on me.

Ruis Elder -- Nulls are a very rare talent, his first daughter is a Null, but I think there are only two. But nulls would know to go to the Ship and be welcomed. He keeps his name but he is not the head of the Family, he is the Captain of Nuada's Sword, and their equal.

Thanks for writing!
Robin
***********SPOILERS***************









First, brace yourself, when I transition to the upcoming generation Tab is not going to make it. However, you do recall that they believe in reincarnation, right? I'm thinking he might be reborn...but to whom and when, I don't know. This time he might have a HeartMate (that's in my head as to what happens to him and whether there will be enough books to tell the story, I don't know).

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]