On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Working Sundays

Yes, I do, more often than not. This is especially true if my wordcount has been less than stellar the previous week.

Today I did a signing with three other authors and I practiced a reading beforehand. No new words.

Then we spent a long while at the coffee shop talking publishing, the rumors going around about lines being cut and editors leaving....

And I was persuaded to make an appointment to go into Second Life so I can set up some readings. I HAVE downloaded the software, made an avatar...and am currently stuck in some gallery in Scotland. Truth.

I'll also be sending out a workshop proposal I pitched in December "Ten Things You Need In The First Three Pages."

All of that's work, and all needs preparation away from writing.

The glamorous life of a writer.

May you enjoy your evening, I need to get back to work...
Robin

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]