On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NEWS!

From Publisher's Marketplace:

FICTION: SCI-FI/FANTASY
Robin Owen's new untitled series, a mix of urban fantasy and romance, featuring the Lightfolk (Fae), a world where magic and technology merge, and a place where being mortal means becoming much more, to Mary Theresa Hussey at Luna, in a three-book deal, by Deidre Knight at The Knight Agency (World).


FIRST TWO BACKGROUNDS COURTESY OF MOYRA'S WEB JEWELS

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I wasn't sure when the news would break, and ADVICE, never be the one to first break news like this.

May you enjoy the vistas before you.
Robin (who just misspelled her name...)

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Congratulations! When may we look for the first to appear on the bookshelves? I presume sometime in 2010?

10:22 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks,

Actually it will be 2011 since I am adamant at keeping a non-crazy-making schedule. To be honest all I have is the first scene and plot ideas, though I have mentioned them before. I was working these up as romances, then Luna contacted me, so they will NOT be focused on the relationship but the woman's growth...Time Shifter is a QUEST type book.

Note, they will also be shorter. Definitely not the 600 (+) of my previous Lunas, hopefully not even as long as my Heart books. Paper is dear in the publishing industry, and the more books I get out there, the more my name will be known, etc....that's how the cycle works.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm very, very glad you got a reasonable schedule. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, the first book is due April 30 of next year so I have plenty of time to write Heart Journey and Time Shifter...

Robin

11:00 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

You totally faked me out. I got all bouncy when I saw the link to Moyra's. For a minute there, I thought she'd come back. Bummer.

But super big congrats on the deal! More Robin Lunas! Yay! I'm excited. :D

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoot whoot whoot!!!

Yay for Robin AND for US!!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Tannun said...

Woot! Congrats! Something besides Laurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry to read!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Diane P said...

Congratulations & yeah for us more Robin to read.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Michelle Rudeau said...

Congrats! This sounds like an interesting new angle! Can't wait to read them! :D

2:35 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, all. I hope they will be fresh enough. Holly, I'd love Moyra to come back, too. I still have a lot of her work, and still feel I need to acknowledge her and link to her page.

Robin

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news. I can't wait to see how much you start complaining when the books start running too long (LOL)

Regards, Ruth

8:26 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ruth, ah, you know me too well! LOL. I am DETERMINED to keep it simple...

Robin

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]