On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fantasy Writer Failing

Critique group was good today, which means I avoided the main Fantasy writer failing: not managing to get what's in my head/imagination onto the page. When YOU know the world and the rules but haven't explained enough to clearly lead someone into the world with you.

Whew. Well, there was that little problem with the stairwell...to me it was obvious it was an exterior stairwell and everyone else thought it was interior. So that has to be fixed.

I need to consider what one of my buddies thinks is a larger problem, and there's some minor clean-up, but otherwise I am very pleased.

May you enjoy your own creative process and the company of friends today.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

I've had that problem too. My editor called it a failure to get what was in my head committed to the page.

It's something I'm still working on.

Janice~

1:43 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Yes, I think it's something every writer works on, but it can be worse in fantasy/paranormal where you are building different worlds that YOU know about, if no one else.

Robin

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]