On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feelings About My (Your) Books


I don't reread my own books often. I usually work so hard on them that I rarely want to see them again. I don't think I've entirely re-read any one of my works. Last night I got a hankering to look at Echoes In the Dark and the scene where Raine is looking through the mirrors into her father's home on Earth (and I wanted to see how it looked on itouch Kindle -- haven't found the search function for that yet, if there is one). I skipped around the story and FELT it's better than I recall -- especially for being written so fast.

I haven't been entering Echoes In The Dark in any contests. I still don't think I will, because it is the last book in the series and there are so many characters...but I FEEL better about the quality of it than I had. I know I did the best job with it that I could with the time I had, but I yearned to make it better...

In any event, I liked the story, which is important. If you don't like your own stories, then why are you writing?

So thank you to my readers who also liked it.
Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are allright. Miss your dayly posts and noticed you haven't made your usual comments to several posts.
Worried.

10:02 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, I've gotten the doldrums and had a couple of shocks this week that I've been avoiding-- back cover copy for Enchanted No More and revision letter for Heart Journey. I'm back now. Thanks again for your concern. As a single person living alone, I appreciate it -- though I do pretty much keep in touch with family/friends on a daily basis.

Robin

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]