On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Long Days of Revision

When I get a revision letter, the copy edits, or the page proofs/author alterations, I usually batten down and try to read and edit the book in as short a time as possible. So it's been some 14 hour days for me.

Since this is the first pass, and I printed it out, I've found something on nearly every page I want to change, as well as including the revisions my editor requested. Which means once the editing itself is done, I'll have to transcribe the changes to the manuscript on my computer. I've set aside a day for that, too.

The weather here has been gray and snowy -- just the kind of days that I don't want to work, so it's been difficult to push myself. And, of course, I've been watching the Olympics. In any event, I have a couple of more days of this and then I'm free. I hope.

Meanwhile I know I'm coming up on a scene I haven't been sure how to write in Enchanted No More, and I think the back of my brain is working on that, which would be good.

May you enjoy your days. Robin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Amber said...

Printing it out on paper makes an extraordinary difference, doesn't it? Good luck with getting your concentration focused.

10:45 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, seeing it in book form is very important, especially since I am submitting and editing electronically now.

Robin

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]