On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, June 25, 2010

Someday...

Someday I'd like Berkley to give me more than 15 hours to come up with cover art.... Seriously, I am always scrambling for the Heart books -- unless I have already thought of covers. Which, in the case of Heart Search, I hadn't. I mean, I am on chapter 6. So I hurried over to City of Heroes and did Camellia and Laev -- as good as I can get, but there are definite limitations to COH, esp. with regard to clothing. In any event, I worked about 8 hours on the images.

May you be able to take your time in all your activities.

Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Tannun said...

I really like the celtic ink you used, I hope you do more of them.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a look at a picture of Oliver Kahn, Germany's goalkeeper at the World Soccer.
FIFA's website today.
Goooood inspiration!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A reader... Where are they? Can't see any ink!
Are we going to get a preview?

6:02 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Ah. Maybe on some of the pdf's on my website (which I MUST update), I have some in American Uncial. I use American Uncial for my headers in my ARCs for the Heart Books, different fonts for the other books.

I did Bridgenorth for the Summoning books and used a cursive handwriting (Absolom) for Enchanted No More.

Robin

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]