On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Writing is Hard...(er) Work...(Than You Think)

Usually when things aren't going fabulously well, either my friend to whom I am whining (venting) or who is venting to me says "Writing is Hard."

Now I listened to a speaker at a conference last year who said, "Don't complain that writing is hard work. Ask a cop if writing is a hard job."

He has a point. And since I've been MOVING (i.e. wrapping, packing, hauling, loading) with friends for the last week, I've decided that I'd rather write. I am YEARNING to get back to my own work/job. Critique is this Saturday and I need to make the pages for Heart & Soul my novella featuring Genista Furze.

So I modified the "Writing is Hard Work" to "Writing is Harder than You Think." I can go into that later...the problems when writing, and the challenges of writing for publication.

Tomorrow I'll wake up and won't get ready to drive into the country and load up trailers...and I am bruised from head to foot -- which I always consider as part of the moving experience.

May you enjoy any work you have to do today.
Robin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just saw a eHarlequin list for June and there is a book by Addrianne Byrd, entitled Heart's Secret.

Hope that you have sometimes of joy with your work as a writer too!

11:04 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

LOL! Thanks. So far I haven't officially heard that I've sold Heart Secret. If I have, it will be 2012, which should be ok.

THANKS AGAIN.
Robin

11:33 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

I still want you to use Heart Attack

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some more.. Heart Skirmish, Heart Guerrilla or... Heart Conquistador?

1:32 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

I would have trouble writing a book that was titled Heart Attack. (I see a bunch of hearts marching over a field...rather Wonderlandish).

I like Heart Skirmish, the other two not so much...but Conquistador sparked Heart Lord. Maybe.

Thanks again,
Robin

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]