On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Heart Journey is Shipping

I've heard that bn.com has shipped early, as usual. I know that my publisher doesn't print enough for Heart Journey to make any of the big lists like USA Today or NY Times...but I really would like them to stick to the street date/lay down date, so I know when to expect comments...:), and maybe, someday, be able to get a big enough surge in sales that the next book might make the lists...

Anyway, that's the news, and now the waiting begins...
Robin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....first time ever: the book is ready to be picked at my local book store but the eBook is not ready for download yet! If I manage to get it today I'll be ready for comments tomorrow, if not I'll be a rather frustrated person.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your post yesterday and went to my local Border's and bought it. I started reading about 10PM and finished it this morning at 3:30 AM.My absolute favourites are still Heart Dance, Heart Thief, and then Heart Duel, in that order. I will probably read this one again in about a month. I seem to read your books as a series a couple of times a year.

A job well done.

Tine

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tannun said...

what if you sold tons of ebooks, could you make the lists? Or are those lists based only on hard copies?

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to get Heart Journey at BN on Thursday. I really enjoyed it. The fact that the woman was more mature then the man was at first, not my favorite. I was worried she would be motherly but Del is so secure in herself and accepts others as they are, she did not try to change Raz, just offered herself. The subplot about the other ship was intriguing and a great set up for another book. Well Done! I look forward to more books.

11:52 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, folks. I consider Heart Dance one of the most intimate of the books, less outside plot infringing on it.

When I conceived of Heart Journey, it was because of the fact that in most of the books, the hero recognizes he's a HeartMate first. Primarily because he's older.

Regarding making the lists, I don't think that ebooks factor into that at all...though I am one who buys more ebooks now than hard copies.

Regarding the new subplot, that's going to be a multi-book arc, like the fracture and mending of the Holly family was.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for another good read! I really enjoyed it, and am very glad to hear that you got a contract for more books in the series. Your books are on my rather small, "reread compulsively" list.

I hope that Antenn gets his own book eventually. His appearance in this one made me increasingly curious to see where you are going with the character.

10:04 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Antenn, yes he is in my mind and with the books of the younger generation starting, I am setting things up for his story...

Robin

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]