Attended in-person critique again yesterday and had pointed out that, yes, two months in a row, in two different stories, I had misplaced (i.e. not included) a scene goal up front.
Also, motivation was off, so I have to work on that. The problem with the motivation (hero goes from happy to angry in about 4 pages) is that this is the second time I've worked on that motivation and had hoped I fixed it. This particular story opening has been rewritten about 3 times.
I can't SEE this story fresh, which makes it difficult to judge if I get stuff right.
This is what happens as a pantzer. The piece is ok, but it will be better when I clean it up, and that should only take, oh, about half a day (for 11 pages).
So. My goal is 800 words a day on Heart Search, and 507 words a day on one of the stories in the collection. Starting today. The new writing MIGHT take me 3 hours, if I am lucky and fall into the zone.
As I said, the clean up of the old, takes quite a while.
One of things I have done, to help my pantzerness, is to put "Scene Goal" up on my monitor on a sticky note. I am not a "sticky-note-on-the-monitor" kind of person, so it WILL stand out. In fact, I don't think I've ever put a sticky note on this monitor.
And one of the things I like about Windows 7 is that it has a sticky-note program, so that should work on the new laptop, too.
Now off to organize my paper bin (I collect nice colored papers for collages for my engagement/journal calendar and my Morning Pages -- Artist's Way -- when I do them).
That should give me a little time to think about the setting of Heart Search, which had flummoxed me yesterday, Saturday, when I worked before critique.
May you enjoy the odd and lovely touches of beauty that come into your day...