On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Copy Edits -- Hearts & Swords

Hearts and Swords WILL be out in December. I finally got the copy edits, which, I believe is because my editor is busy and trusts me to deliver good stories ;) Unusual for me, I was in a near panic. I want the first one, Heart and Sword, the story of the discovery of Celta to be PERFECT (I try not to expect perfection from myself, because, you know, it's impossible. Best I can do is enough for me.)

But I still have some hefty rewriting to do on Heart and Sword.

So I decided to work on the others first. I've finished the short (15K) Heart Story about Arbusca Willow (mother of Heart Dance's hero). And I'm most of the way through Heart and Soul, Genista Holly Furze's story). I am liking it a lot. I'd already read through it and tweaked it a little, so I added those changes in first.

Then on to Noble Heart, and after that I'll rewrite Heart and Sword. I think I want my male critique buddy near by, because Kelse's reactions when he is awakened on the ship needs to be right.

The Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer picnic is today, and the announcement of the Writer of the Year. On pins and needles since I'm up for it.

Love,
Robin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the award. You deserve it. You are an awesome writer and I have loved all of your stuff so far.

Tine

11:09 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm sure they'll all be great - Noble Heart already was & so eager to see Genista's story you could mate her with a Cow and I'd be happy!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Gina G said...

Am crossing my fingers for you - your Heart series is in my top 3 all time favourite reads - Good Luck! & Merry Meet...

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]