On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, July 22, 2011

Is This Something You Want to See? Heroes of Hearts And Swords

Photobucket
Is this something you want to see? Images of the heroes of Hearts and Swords. I spent way too much time making these on City of Heroes, for myself and for you. Is this something you want to see, or are they too cartoonish for you? They help me, and I send them in to my ed as rough images for the art dept (and have since Heart Fate).

Or do you want any images at all?

Let me know before I do a composite of the heroines...

Robin

Oh, and left to right in chronological order of the stories (and as they are in the collection): Kelse Bountry, Captain of the Starship Nuada's Sword when Celta is discovered. Next is Dri Paris, HeartMate to Arbusca Willow, Arbusca was in Heart Dance. Third is Cardus Parryl, and I'm not quite satisfied with him, but he is Genista's Holly Furze's new love. Finally is Walker Clover, who has been mentioned in Heart Change, he wins the noble title for the Clovers.

Many thanks,
Robin

7 Comments:

Anonymous Gina G said...

The heroes are not too cartoonish - full body length view would be even better - so as to see more details in their clothing & body shape. Dri really appeals to me - it must be that hint of a widows peak - very smooth.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Dri Paris has a slight resemblance to a young Armand Assante. (I use to think that actor was so sexy.)

I would like to see your images of the heroines. Thanks!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little to cartoonish for me, but I do enjoy seeing your vision for the characters.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Be good to see them paired with their Heartmates. Always nice to see closer to the creators actual vision, cartoony or not.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got your idea on the characters. It may be a little cartoonish, but it gave justice to the story.

5:12 AM  
Blogger pat said...

Well, I'm a Sims 3 junkie, so even though they're not as detailed as one could get them in CAS (create a Sim), they do give us a basic idea of what you have in mind. So, I like them. BTW, I think one of the Sims players created some of your characters for their game. I remember seeing them on the site exchange.

10:57 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks re: the Sims. I bought version 2, which I think has a good creator?

Anyway, not full length because the clothes don't always match what I set up in my imagination. For the women, I have a Moroccan doll (I think) with full trousers gathered at the leg, and a tunic over that, but I've used kimono sleeves.

As for the men, I don't think anything in City of Heroes has full sleeves -- though I see that the Sims has a new pirate and noble medieval package.

Robin

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]