On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Liking your own work.

Liking your own work -- I've just finished the copy edits of three of the four stories in my Hearts and Swords collection. The last (chronologically last) is Noble Heart, which I think of as The Clovers Win A Noble Title. I like all the stories a lot. They move me. And I believe that's very important. Why write what you won't want to read?

Sometimes, of course, I'm tired of the story and the work by this point, but I turned these in the beginning of March, so they've had time to be forgotten.

Noble Heart has a good deal of humor in it, so that pleased me, too.

May you enjoy your creative work.
Robin

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hello!

The release date for Heart Search is coming soon. I'm have it pre-ordered, although I may have to re-order it since the bookstore I ordered it from may go bankrupt. Ah well!

I'm also anticipating Heart and Swords. Looking forward to T'Willow's mother finally uniting with her heartmate.

Here's a non-post related question but related to the Heart series - Will Antenn get an HEA/story? He's Mitchella & Straif's son. He had a very hard life before Mitchella took him in. Thanks!

5:55 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Whoa, I hope your store manages to stay around! Yes, I have been sneakily setting up for Antenn. He has tiny on-screen time in Heart Search and is mentioned in Hearts & Swords. I've actually had Antenn's story in mind since before I was published, which is a blog in itself.

Robin

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]