On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 05, 2011

Hearts and Swords Release Nerves

Hearts and Swords release nerves? OF COURSE. The only other novella that I've written and published was Road To Adventure (a contemporary paranormal with THE best cat I've done). So I am wriggling with nerves as to whether people (and people who aren't fans) will buy and enjoy...wriggling is not too bad in the below-freezing weather here, but still....

Guess I'll learn tomorrow...
Robin

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

I'm hoping to pick up a copy of Hearts & Swords tomorrow! I just had to ask, in what anthology is your previous novella, Road to Adventure? I'd love to read it!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I preordered months ago and plan to lose sleep tonight reading at least the first novella since Amazon delivers ebooks usually Monday evenings for Tuesday releases.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

My copy will download from BN.com sometime after midnight tonight. Looking forward to it.

Jenny, Road to Adventure is in What Dreams May Come. Amazon or BN.com may have used copies. The other authors are Sherrilyn Kenyon and Rebecca York--not that I read their stories.

6:30 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Whew, thanks, Betty. Yes it is in What Dreams May Come. First came out in trade, then mass market paperback.

Robin

8:19 AM  
Blogger Mikaela said...

Buying Hearts and Swords were my reward for finishing the exam. Mmm. Let me tell you, you are in for a treat.

The only drawback was that it made me want to re-read Heart Search. I looked for the book, and realised that it was next to Heart Dance. At our summer house. *headdesk*

3:01 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Thanks, Mikaela. Ouchie at leaving Heart Search at the summer house...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

see, Mikaela, this is why you Need an ereader. I can read on my Nook, my android tablet, and my phone. Plus I have all the first issues on the bookshelf in my office.

Just saying...ereaders are nice

9:01 AM  
Blogger Crafter Jane said...

Finished reading Hearts & Swords last night... LOVED IT!
Even better solution - get 2 copies, 1 digital & 1 paper :D !

12:51 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Again, thanks all! I bought an ecopy myself, so I have it as it was actually published instead of my final draft after copy edits...

Robin

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]