On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, December 16, 2011

Walker's Sword in Noble Heart

Walker's sword in Noble Heart: I blogged once about being inspired by physical objects, and once the story collection was titled Hearts and Swords, I knew a sword would need to be a part of each story. I had to add a sword to Heart Story (Blush's story), and had one in mind for Noble Heart -- thus the whole new cultural business in that having a sword makes a noble house "more."

And, of course, when I had to think of swords, I had something like that in front of me, and since Walker's sword was when he saw it during his psi-dreamquest-Passage, I could use what I had near.

So here is something like I have, I think it is less detailed, but you can see the wings as the hand guard (quillions) and the tail wrapped around the quilt.

May you not need any kind of sword today.
Robin

4 Comments:

Blogger Betty Hanawa said...

Speaking of Swords. Since T'Holly broke the Hawthorne sword, is Laev going to get a new one? Or will that one eventually be remade as the final reconciliation of the end of the Hawthorne/Holly feud?

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny Schwartzberg said...

Did you mean to have a link to the image of the sword? I can't find one. By the way, I would love to know what happened to the T'Hawthorn sword! I loved all the stories in Hearts and Swords. I'm rereading all the Celta books now and just finished Heart Quest. It's remarked early on that Trif could have tested to rise to GrandLady status but she doesn't want to. I thought the fuss over Walker was that he was the first Clover to qualify for Noble status??

9:19 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

The link should be in the link box, which highlights the title of the blog, in any event, I've also added it in the text block in the post.

I had actually forgotten the Hawthorn sword being broken, but I think that T'Ash must have fixed it.

Maybe a short story idea...

Robin

9:35 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Jenny, I did skim Heart Quest for Heart Secret (yes, that is a clue), but I didn't recall where I'd said that about Trif, so I will look.

In any event, Trif was a pure Clover and I think that Uncle Pink would want Walker to do it because he wasn't married outside of the Family (though the Winterberrys live in Clover compound), and his Flair is more "solid" than Trif's, and he has a noblewoman for a mother.

Robin

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]