On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday, August 31, 2013

What SHORT story would you like to see?

Reader Question:
Romance Writers of America has a call for submission for SHORT stories. I am thinking of doing a Celta one. These are maybe as along as a chapter, no more than 3. Who would you like to see -- be aware that if I do one I will NOT do another book or story about that character. This CANNOT be a prequel or sequel. The anthology topic is Wrong Number...so if you have ideas on that, you can give me it. I'm thinking of a title of Cat At The Wrong House and a beginning of a cat stalking my hero. Any excellent ideas will be rewarded with a geographic name on Celta.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela said...

The theme makes me think about money.. So maybe one about the Reeds? Imagine them getting something money related wrong.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danith had a clover boy friend when she met T'Ash.
Does it count as having the "wrong number"?

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Gina G said...

The actor Klay St Johnswort from Heart Journey.
Maybe one of Garret Primross's feral brigade stalks the hero because he thinks he is a supersleuth cat.
Numbers - something to do with repeating something six times for emphasis - as the famcats do.Three times for rejection or teleportation.

1:19 AM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

All right, this is going a bit stronger on Facebook, and I think I've got a story about Painted Rock/Citrula, the artist.

As for Klay, you've reminded me that, like Heart Fortune, I had a tiny subplot cut with his lady.

8:12 AM  
Blogger azteclady said...

I would love to know the backstory on Ilexa--the Holly hunting cat!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous teriannesis said...

I would like to see the gardening lord from HEART DUEL. T'Horehound

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see a short story about Aquilaria (manager of Darjeeling's teahouse. I like her in Heart Search.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about a story about Majo, from Heart Mate?

Read this in your Facebook, suggested by a fan and wanted to agree but wasn't able to write this there.

Any Celta location would be great.

What about an introduction to the people of the third Starship living in the other continent? Maybe they developed in different ways...

3:51 PM  
Blogger Kim R. said...

The TQ house gets a family.

1:07 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Kim, TQ's family is a book, and coming up next. :)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]