On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday, October 17, 2014

Gwydion Ash's story

**head desk** I am BEHIND on Heart Legacy. And what comes to my mind this morning? The opening to Gwydion Ash's book, that I've been thinking about a little (and it's at least #2 down the line, after Vinni's book):

*You don't speak Fam properly,* the young fox whisked it's tail at Cordata as she sat, nearly defeated, on the park bench just inside of the south gate of Druida City. She'd just had enough energy and money – gilt – to get this far. How she was going to obtain any more was a question.

Her spine straightened so she sat properly as her G'Auntie had taught her as a child. Her chin lifted as she stared the gray fox in its light yellow eyes. Unlike the rest of her Family, except that G'Auntie, she'd wanted to drift away from the grift and the con and better herself. Who knew it took so much more work to be honest? More gilt, too. She was broke.

But she had prospects.

*Are you going to speak to me and take me as your Fam or not?* The thing hopped onto her bench walked across her knees insolently waving her tail in Cordata's face – yes, she noticed the femaleness of it – tickling Coradata's nose and making her sneeze at the scent of fox and road dust.

*Greet you, fox-ling,* Yeah – yes – her mind accent was broken, but she wasn't accustomed to talking to anyone telepathically. One of her prospects – a strong, wild Flair she'd need to tame.

Note: I spend a lot of time on Facebook, but I know you all might not be there, so I will be posting more of what I do there, here. I THINK this blog feeds into my amazon page, where you might be able to read it, and to my goodreads page.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this.

Great to get this here since I don't do Facebook

Thanks!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Thanks!

How old is Gwydion Ash? I bet his dad will fuss about his Heartmate's grifter past. ;D

2:52 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

It's a few years down the line. I'm braindead tonight or I could figure it out for you. In his early 20s I think.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I got here to the blog from your Amazon author page.
Thanks for the teaser!

10:26 PM  
Blogger pat said...

Looking forward to his story. With a father like T'Ash - and his past - it should be really interesting. Especially with a heroine who has a bit of a shady past. Excellent!
BTW. got my copy of Heart Fire late yesterday, and have been reading it ever since - when I get a few minutes between working. Love these two. And Ratkiller. OMG! Best Fam since Zanth.

3:05 PM  
Blogger pat said...

1084

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]