On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Celta Thursday - Heart Journey, lost Tabacin Diary Entry

HA! I found a Tabacin Diary entry that didn't make it into Heart Journey. The Cherry ancestress who'd been on the starship Lugh's Spear. Writing that was one of my favorite things. Here it is:

Today we finally finished traversing the mountains and there was much rejoicing when we saw people – people! – waiting as we came through the canyon.

I was not the only one to weep. These were some of the other colonists, from Nuada's Sword, and they came to greet us! It was a big group, about twenty, and they said it would only be another three eightdays before we will reach the city.

It was so strange and fearful and good to see faces I've never seen before in my life. Another jolt of this new life. I thought my head would explode.

They don't quite talk like we do, though those "FirstFamilies" who passed the journey in the cryonics tubes spoke more alike than the rest of us.

An incredible day. A day of thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]