On Writing & Publishing by Robin D. Owens

Personal notes on writing techniques, writing a novel, my writing career and threading your way through publishing a book.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, United States

RITA Award Winning Author -- that's like the Oscar, folks! Futuristic/Fantasy Romance and Fantasy with Romantic Subplots.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, November 02, 2015

Heart Legacy Tomorrow!

Heart Legacy tomorrow! Starred Library Journal Review:
*Owens, Robin D. Heart Legacy. Berkley Sensation. (Celta, Bk. 14). Nov. 2015. 368p. ISBN 9780425263976. pap. $16; ebk. ISBN 9781101604953. FUTURISTIC ROMANCE
For centuries, the FirstFamilies, descendants of the original psychically gifted (Flaired) Earth colonists who settled Celta, have been the most powerful social tier on the planet. Now with strongly Flaired Commoners beginning to make their way into the Nobility, threatening the status quo, there is dissention in the ranks and sly, near-deadly attacks begin against the children of newly raised families. When the evidence points to the conservative, reclusive Yews, adopted FirstFamily Fighter Draeg Betony Blackthorn goes undercover as a stableman to see what he can learn. What he finds is his HeartMate in young Loridana Valerian, the embattled titular head of the Yews. Sharply depicted characters, a touching, passionate romance, and a plot promising more political turmoil make this a worthy addition to Owens’s magical world that becomes richer with every book. ­VERDICT A cruelly used, animal-loving heroine set on rejecting her heritage and a hero determined to change her mind come together in a captivating story highlighting issues of loyalty, responsibility, and trust. Owens (Ghost Killer) lives in the Denver area.



http://amzn.to/1kmBvv5 At Amazon


BN: http://bit.ly/1KU0Zp4


Many thanks! Now comes the nervous time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Crafter Jane said...

Just got the delivery of my pre-order of Heart Legacy to my Kindle... now, do I get some sleep or stay up all night to read it???

12:50 AM  
Anonymous MikiS said...

Very much enjoyed your Heart Legacy! In fact, it's prompted a re-read of the series. :)

I'm already up to Heart Quest and for some reason, I feel like there's a missing paragraph or two in my ebook. T'Willow is telling Trif that he doesn't think her HeartMate will be able to resist her and to be patient. Then she says "Your Flair is for matchmaking. How come you can't find this woman?" When did he tell her he couldn't find his HeartMate....did I miss it or is my book missing a few paragraphs?

7:57 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Okay, I've been sick. I will look at this passage tomorrow. I don't recall if we'd gone to electronic galleys at that time. In any event, if there is a problem, I'll let my editor know. If something got cut and I didn't pick it up (though I think I was hiring my own copy editor then), I can go back to the original draft...

7:23 PM  
Blogger FantasyAuthor RobinDOwens said...

Since I don't get copies of the electronic books, I checked my copy edits and the paperback, the passage should go like this:

"He knows who I am?"
T'Willow inclined his head.
Stomping up and down the path, Trif muttered to herself, then came back and asked another question. "It seems to me that most men know their HeartMates before the women do, like me."

I know at one time, long, long ago, the ereader (previous to BN Reader and Nook) cut off my ebooks a line or two at the bottom of the page. I don't know if this is happening to you, but if you have a problem with formatting, can you tell me the format of the book and the device you're reading it on?

Many thanks.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Out of the Blogosphere
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >>]